Sunday 6 June 2010

Summer projects

As summer is here it means that I have an almost four month break from university in which to work, play basketball and hit the gym. This year I have several projects in mind;

Number one; Dunking.


To achieve this I am going to follow a very simple but effective jump programme called Air Alert III that many people have tried with great success. A copy of the programme is available online here.

Number two; 100 pushups.



This could be an equally tough one but necessary if i want to up my basketball game, upper body strength without upper body stamina is useless and so reaching the ever elusive 100 mark should be the perfect goal to improve my strength out on the court.

Number three; Sneaker customising.



If you want a pair of kicks customising nowadays it is as easy as it is to buy any high-street releases, the concept of Nike ID made many companies realise how easy it is to make money by allowing people a little creative control when it comes to buying shoes and now just about every mainstream sportswear company is joining the bandwagon.


The idea for this came about when I came across an advert for "The JGoods™ Sneaker Restoration Kit", JGoods have since released a sneaker customisation kit but I had done some research prior to this release and discovered that it is very easy and cheap to pick up leather paint and the appropriate cleaning materials over the internet so I think its about time that some of my most well worn kicks such as these, my first air forces, to get a fresh look. Follow this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment